BEng (Hons) Software Engineering – 12 Months (Top-Up degree)
About this course
BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) – 12 months
The BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) from University of Bolton – 12 months programme is developed collaboratively with industrial partners to ensure that students study a broad range of relevant industrial topics. Many graduates find lucrative careers in this lucrative field of work.
Throughout this BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) from University of Bolton, students will encounter realistic scenarios that will prepare them for life after university. This is true not only for the technical areas studied, but also for the output required of students, such as technical proposals or management reports.
Much of the coursework that students complete is project-based and frequently requires group work. Successful and productive teamwork is a necessary component of modern software engineering.
Since software engineering and application development are international businesses, they are not geographically restricted. The BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) from University of Bolton course examines issues such as culture, socialisation, and localisation, as well as international computer and communication standards.
This BEng (Hons) Software Engineering top-up programme is designed to enable you to advance from a suitable previous qualification to an Honourary level. An induction programme will help to transition efficiently to honours.
This course help you to:
Program Overview: BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) - 12 months
Key Highlights of the BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) - 12 months qualification are:
Since software engineering and application development are international businesses, they are not geographically restricted. The BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) course examines issues such as culture, socialisation, and localisation, as well as international computer and communication standards.
Software engineers can be employed at any point during the software development life cycle. Typical responsibilities include developing project specifications, writing algorithms, coding, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
A graduate of software engineering will have developed a broad range of technical and transferable skills, including advanced information technology skills, analytical abilities, communication, creativity and innovation, independence, logic, numeracy, project management, and organisation. The demand for qualified and skilled software engineers continues to grow. This is facilitated by a changing economic landscape, which is being shaped by the increasing demand for computing technology solutions.
What can I do with this qualification?
New graduates in software engineering frequently begin as programmers and work their way up to positions of greater responsibility, such as architect or project manager.
Jobs directly related to a degree in software engineering include game development, system development, web design and development, search engine optimisation, information systems management, and business analysis. Additionally, there are numerous career opportunities in fields such as business, engineering, health care, gaming, publishing, information technology, retail, education, medicine, aerospace, and cyber security.
Alternative career options
Graduates can use the credential as a springboard to a variety of other careers. Relevant experience and postgraduate study may be required for some of these positions. Among the roles are the following:
- Public relations, advertising, and marketing
- Accounting, banking, and finance
- Electricity and utility services
- Fabrication and production
- Public administration and defence
- Consultation in information technology
- Production of radio and television
- Analyses of systems
- Programming in the multimedia environment
- Copywriting for the web
- Engineering of networks
Below are the modules that would be covered under BEng (Hons) in Software Engineering (Top-up) degree course for a combined total of 120 credits:
– Undergraduate Project (60 Credits)
– Agile Programming (30 Credits)
– Enterprise Systems Development (30 Credits)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Duration of the Course?
This BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) programme duration is 12 months
Who is this online course for?
This BEng (Hons) Software Engineering course is ideal for those wishing to progress within the Computing and IT sector such as:
- IT support engineers, network engineers
- System Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Systems administrators and IT teachers
- Network and security professionals
- Web and software developers
Alternative career options
Graduates can use the qualification as a stepping-stone into a range of other careers. For some of these roles, relevant experience and postgraduate study may be required. Roles include:
- Advertising, marketing and PR
- Banking, finance and accountancy
- Energy and utilities
- Manufacturing and production
- Public sector and defence
- IT consultancy
- Radio and TV production
- Systems analysis
- Multimedia programming
- Digital copywriting
- Network engineering
Learners must possess:
- You will need either a FdSc or HND in a software engineering or
Computing / programming related courses, OR
- Level 5 Diploma with 240 Credits, OR
- Students with non-traditional qualifications and/or relevant experience may be accepted onto the course after a successful interview. You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work. Please contact the Admissions Team at Admissions@LSBR.UK for further guidance.
What is the Course Content?
BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) – 12 Months course consists of following modules:
- Undergraduate Project (60 Credits)
- Agile Programming (30 Credits)
- Enterprise Systems Development (30 Credits)
Please note that the modules are subject to change – the university review the content of the courses regularly, making changes where necessary to improve your experience and graduate prospects.
Successful completion of the Top-up course leads to award of degree of BEng (Hons) Software Engineering by the University
- The assessment is done via submission of assignment.
- This course is assessed through 100% coursework with a range of methods, such as essays, research reports, presentations, group work and practical reports.
- There are no written exams.
Is BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems course Accredited?
BEng (Hons) Software Engineering (Top-up) degree is validated and awarded by the University of Bolton through our partner WI College, UK. This stage is delivered via online learning by Faculties / Professors from the University. The total credits earned will be 120 credits.
Can the course fee be paid in instalments?
Yes, the total Course Fee can be paid in Instalments. However all dues needs to be paid before the commencement of the session.
Please click on “Enrol Now” button on the top and choose some of the best payment options available for you.
How to Apply?
Simply follow the steps given below to enrol:
- Click on “Enrol Now” button on top of the page
- Choose your Payment Plan and proceed to pay your course fee
- Fill up your contact details on the Checkout page
- Pay your Instalment Amount (This can be paid online using credit or debit card)
- Once we receive your course fee instalment, we would send you the Course Activation Email