BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care (Stage 1)
About this course
BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care
Ideal for health and social care professionals
This BSc (Hons) Integrative Health and Social Care course will equip you with the skills, information, and support you need for a successful career in the health and social care sector, while allowing you to focus on what really matters: making a significant difference in people’s lives.
Never before has it been more necessary for workers in today’s evolving and developing health and social care sector to maintain their skills and expertise. The BSc (Hons) Integrative Health and Social Care programme is meant to enable trained practitioners lead developments and implement positive changes in their particular field of practise. It was created to closely reflect the changing needs of the health and social care industry.
The specialised training provided in this BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care is suitable for a vast array of health and social care professionals, including family support workers, health promotion workers, and probation officers, as well as care facility administrators, volunteer coordinators, and charity workers. It is also appropriate for health scientists, practise managers, social workers, youth workers, and other related positions in the health and social care industry.
This course is delivered in 2 stages:
Stage 1 is for 240 Credits and is delivered by the London School of Business and Research, UK and leads to the award of a Level 4 and Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care which is accredited by Ofqual.gov.uk and is globally recognised qualification accepted by the University for progression to the final year of the BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care
Stage 2 is for 120 credits and is delivered by the University over its state of the art learning management system. The fee for the stage 2 is paid directly to the University by the student. Completion of this stage 2 leads to the award of BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care by the University.
Program Overview: BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care
Key Highlights of BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care degree programme are:
Ideal for health and social care professionals
Working in the health and social care industry is frequently stressful and hectic, making it difficult to devote time to education. You can increase your employment chances while focusing on making a difference by studying online part-time alongside your existing obligations from anywhere in the world.
Integrative Care is widely practised throughout the world; it is a worldwide trend that encompasses complicated and extensive domains with numerous approaches and definitions. Practically and strategically, more and more practitioners are being asked to drive change toward this paradigm within their organisation.
This course is appropriate for health and social care professionals who wish to further their careers and earn a bachelor’s degree. Workers seeking to further their careers in health and social care, such as non-registered health practitioners and those with a foundation degree, BTEC, or Level 5 certificate, would benefit from this.
Stage 1: You can pay your course fee in monthly instalments. Choose from some of the best options available:
- 6 Monthly Instalments of £437 each
- 4 Monthly Instalments of £650 each
- One time payment of £2,499
Stage 2: Fee paid directly to the University
- £5,040 paid directly to the University upon completion of your Stage 1 assessments
- Please contact LSBR Admission Team for assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
How is BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care course delivered?
What are the entry requirements?
What is the Course Content?
Course Structure: BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care
The BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care undergraduate degree programme consists of 2 Stages.
Stage 1: 240 Credits earned
This stage is delivered by London School of Business and Research. The programme involves delivery through on-line Learning Management System (LMS). This stage leads to award of Diploma in Health and Social Care – Level 4 and Level 5 which is accredited by Ofqual, UK. Credits earned at this stage – 240 credits.
Total Units: 12 Units
- Academic Study Skills (20 Credits)
- Communication for Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- An Introduction to Healthcare Policy (20 Credits)
- Reflective Practice (20 Credits)
- Managing People in Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- Sociology Concepts in Health and Ill Health (20 Credits)
- Principles Underpinning Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- The Management of Quality in Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- Research Project(40 Credits)
- Partnership working in Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- Working with Service users with Complex Needs (20 Credits)
Total Assignments to be submitted: 12 Assignments
Successful completion of Stage 1 leads to Progression to Stage 2
Stage 2: 120 Credits earned
Delivered by the University / awarding body. On completion of the diploma programme you progress / Top up with Degree through a UK University for progression to the BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care degree. The stage 2 is delivered via distance learning by faculties from the University / awarding body. Credits earned at this stage – 120 credits (60 ECTS). Completion of Stage 2 leads to award of BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care Undergraduate Degree
You will need to complete six 20 credit modules including 3 core modules and 3 optional modules.
Core Modules: 3 Units
- Integrating Practices
- Preparing for Research and Evidence Based Practice
- Research and Evidence in Practice
Optional Modules: Choose any 3 modules
- Advanced Concepts in Palliative Care
- Educating in health and social care
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Healthcare Policy and Practice
- Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care
- Partnerships in Dementia Care
- Public Health: UK and International Perspectives
- Relationships Informed by Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Social Consequences of Dementia Care
- Working with People with Distress and Disorder
- Working with Vulnerable People
This course is assessed through 100% coursework with a range of methods, such as essays, research reports, literature reviews, presentations, research proposals, group work and practical reports. Successful completion of Stage 2 leads to award of Degree by the university.
How is Assessment done?
- The assessment is done via submission of assignment.
- There are no written exams.
Is BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care course Accredited?
Stage 1 – 240 Credits (Delivered by LSBR)
The programme involves delivery through on-line Learning Management System (LMS). This stage leads to award of Level 4 and Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care which is accredited by Ofqual, UK. Credits earned at this stage – 240 credits.
Stage 2 – 120 Credits
Stage 2 would be delivered and assessed by the University through virtual learning platform and the BSc (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care Degree will be validated and awarded by the University of Derby
Can the course fee be paid in instalments?
Yes, the Course Fee can be paid in Instalments. You will be paying the course fee as below:
- Stage 1 fee of £2,499 is paid to London School of Business and Research, UK
- Stage 2 fee of £5,040 is paid by the learner directly to the University of Derby, UK
Please click on “Enrol Now” button on the top and choose some of the best payment options available for you.
Can I apply for Student Finance for my Stage 2 course fee?
Student Finance for Stage 2
Depending on where you are from in the UK or EU, you may be eligible for an undergraduate student loan. Accessible through Student Finance, this is a non-income based loan to meet the cost of tuition fees.
If you already hold an honours degree, and you are looking to re-skill or up-skill, you may still be eligible for a loan to study this course.
How to Apply?
Simply follow the steps given below to enrol:
- Click on “Enrol Now” button on top of the page
- Choose your Payment Plan and proceed to pay your course fee
- Fill up your contact details on the Checkout page
- Pay your Instalment Amount (This can be paid online using credit or debit card)
- Once we receive your course fee instalment, we would send you the Course Activation Email