Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
About this course
Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
Welcome to the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management, an accredited qualification delivered online by the esteemed London School of Business and Research, UK. This comprehensive program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in the dynamic field of health and social care management.
At LSBR, we understand the importance of staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the health and social care sector. This Ofqual-accredited Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management offers a flexible and convenient online learning platform, allowing you to balance your studies with your professional and personal commitments.
Furthermore, this Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management covers a wide range of essential topics, including healthcare policies, leadership and management principles, and strategies for effective service delivery. You’ll gain insights into the ethical and regulatory aspects of the industry, preparing you to navigate complex healthcare environments with confidence.
Undergraduate Level Course: Equivalent to Year 2 of a 3 Year undergraduate University Degree course
This course help you to progress to:
This qualification is Accredited by OfQual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), which is a UK Government body.
Qualification Number: 610/1537/4
Program Overview: Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
Key Highlights of Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification are:
Top Skills You Will Learn
The programme will equip you with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career in the Health and Social Care sector at a Managerial level. You would also acquire Care Management Skills.
Who is this Program For?
Working Professionals, A-Level / Level 4 / Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree holders or learners who are looking for Career Progression and a formal undergraduate qualification leading to award of degrees in future.
You can look forward to middle management role in Health and Social Care organisations. Upon successful completion of the programme, you will also become eligible to gain direct entry into Final Year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
Open Entry. No formal qualification is required from mature learners (over 21 years) who have relevant management experience. For others, the learners should have relevant NQF / QCF / RQF Level 4 Award / Diploma or at the level of GCE / GCSE or equivalent qualification. Please speak to the Admission Counsellors for waiver information.
Can I register as a Registered Manager with Care Quality Commission, UK (CQC) if I have completed an Ofqual accredited Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification
Yes, you can register as a Registered Manager with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) if you have completed an Ofqual accredited Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification. This qualification is one of the essential requirements for becoming a registered manager in England.
In addition to the Level 5 Diploma, you must also have at least two years of relevant experience working in a care setting. This experience should demonstrate your ability to manage and lead a team, provide high-quality care, and ensure compliance with CQC regulations.
In addition to the essential qualifications, you must also meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge of Legislation: You must have a good understanding of the relevant legislation and guidance that applies to care services in England. This includes the Health and Social Care Act 2008, the Care Quality Commission (Registration Requirements) Regulations 2009, and the Care Quality Commission (Inspection and Enforcement of Standards) Regulations 2009.
- Ability to Manage Risk: You must be able to identify, assess, and manage risks effectively. This includes risks to people receiving care, risks to staff, and risks to the organization.
- Ability to Lead and Motivate: You must be able to provide strong leadership and motivation to your team. This includes setting clear goals and expectations, providing regular feedback, and resolving conflicts.
- Ability to Communicate Effectively: You must be able to communicate effectively with people receiving care, their families, staff, and other stakeholders. This includes being able to listen actively, provide clear information, and handle difficult conversations.
If you meet all of the qualifications and requirements, you can apply to become a registered manager with the CQC. The CQC will assess your application to determine whether you are eligible for registration. If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Progress to: Year 3 of a Three-year UK Bachelor’s degree after completion of your Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification
Completion of your Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification will meet the University standard academic entry requirements. However, each applicant will be subject to individual assessment and other entry requirements which may affect university entry.
As our OTHM accredited qualifications are approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) and Qualifications Wales, learners are also eligible to progress to a top-up degree, master’s programme, or MBA at many universities in UK and overseas with advanced standing.
Progress to a Higher Qualification
In addition to Progression to the Universities, you also have an option to progress to the following Qualifications after completing your Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management:
- Diploma in Health and Social Care Management – Level 6
- Diploma in Accounting and Business – Level 6
- Diploma in Business Management – Level 6
- Diploma in Information Technology – Level 6
- Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management – Level 6
- Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management – Level 6
What is the Entry Requirement?
For entry onto the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF / QCF / RQF Level 4 diploma or
- An equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with Admission Counsellors at LSBR regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
The qualification is offered in English.
What are the Course Modules?
The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits:
- Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Managing the Safeguarding and Protection of Vulnerable Individuals (20 credits)
- Health Education and Promoting Wellbeing (20 credits)
- Team Management in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Professional Supervision Practice in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Research Methods in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
Workshops and Webinars
There would be Live Webinars which would be spread across the duration of the course.
If for any reason you are not able to attend the live sessions, you will have the option to go through the Recordings at a later date as per your convenience.
What is Level 5 qualification Equivalent to?
This qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to
- Foundation Degrees,
- Higher National Diploma (HND) and
- Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
Is the Course Accredited and globally recognised?
Yes, the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is accredited by OTHM, UK – an Awarding body by the UK Government’s regulator – OfQual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) and is globally recognised qualification.
How is the Assessment done?
- The assessment is done via submission of assignment.
- There are no written exams.
Successful completion of Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant Level 6 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management with Level 7. The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Final year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
Can the Course Fee be paid in Instalments?
Yes, the Course Fee can be paid in Equal Monthly Instalments. Please click on “Enrol Now” button on the top and choose some of the best payment options available for you.