Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (Fast Track)
About this course
Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (Fast Track) – Pathway to a MSc Occupational Health and Safety Management
This Ofqual-accredited Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (Fast Track) is an entry-level credential for aspiring health and safety professionals. This course is designed for learners who are responsible for creating and executing everyday health and safety rules in an organisation. Almost sure, they are managers trying to expand their knowledge and skills.
This Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management on a Fast Track is designed to enhance occupational health and safety management abilities in managers with the authority and personal traits required to transform organisational strategy into effective operational performance.
This certificate reflects contemporary practises in Occupational Health and Safety Management and allows students to expand and broaden their understanding of workplace health and safety at a high level.
Curriculum topics include health and safety management practises, health and safety management systems, strategic risk intervention, occupational welfare programmes, and sustainability and ethics, among others. Advanced Research Methods allows students to develop a critical understanding of the intellectual, practical, and ethical challenges behind health and safety research.
The Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (Fast Track) helps students to become self-directed, independent learners equipped with the skills and motivation to continue learning, growing, and reflecting on their practise throughout their careers.
This course help you to progress to:
This qualification is Accredited by OfQual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), which is a UK Government body.
Qualification Number: 603/7782/3
Program Overview: Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (Fast Track)
Key Highlights of this fast track Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management qualification are:
Learners completing the Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management in fast track mode can progress to:
- MSc Occupational Health and Safety Management, or
- MSc Healthcare Management, or
- MBA Degree (Top-up), or
- Qualifi Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership, or
- Directly into employment in an associated profession
You may progress to a number of universities in the UK to complete a Master’s Degree after completing your Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (Fast Track). This Top-up generally requires completion of a Dissertation only.
The pathways are an indication of a learner’s progress towards a university degree and are based on the university’s review of the learning programmes and outcomes.
As our Othm accredited qualifications are approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) and Qualifications Wales, learners are also eligible to progress to a Top-Up Degree, Master’s programme, or MBA at many universities in UK and Overseas with advanced standing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Entry Requirement?
Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (Fast Track)
This fast track Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management qualifications has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. The minimum entry requirements for the Master’s qualifications are:
- Undergraduate / Bachelor’s Degree, OR
- Equivalent international qualification, OR
- UK Level 6 Diploma, OR
- 2 Years of Work Experience
If you fulfil any of the above requirements, you are eligible to enrol into the course.
The qualification is offered in English.
What are the Course Modules?
The Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (Fast Track) consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits:
- Health and Safety Management Practice (20 credits)
- Effectiveness of Health and Safety Management Systems (20 credits)
- Factors Affecting Risk and Strategic Risk Intervention (20 credits)
- Strategic Commitment to Health and Well-Being (20 credits)
- Sustainability and Ethics in Health and Safety Practice (20 credits)
- Advanced Research Methods (20 credits)
Workshops and Webinars
There would be Live Webinars which would be spread across the duration of the course.
If for any reason you are not able to attend the live sessions, you will have the option to go through the Recordings at a later date as per your convenience.
What are the Learning Outcomes?
Learning Outcome – Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (Fast Track)
The overall learning outcome for Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership – Level 7 (Fast Track) are:
- Understand what contributes to an effective health and safety culture and climate in an organisation.
- Understand reasons for the effective management of health and safety.
- Be able to review organisational structures and practices relating to health and safety.
- Understand the relationship between traditional and proactive safety management models.
- Be able to evaluate the influence on an organisation’s safety direction from internal and external factors.
- Understand what contributes to being able to present a plan which promotes a health and safety strategy for the organisation.
- Understand the principles of implementing and maintaining a sensible risk management programme.
- Be able to assess health and safety risks within the organisation.
- Understand how to develop risk control measures.
- Be able to evaluate the strategy and policy for a business to develop commitment to an integrated health, well-being and safety strategy
- Be able to champion plans and engage all levels of the business so that the strategy is actioned, monitored, and evaluated.
- Understand the range of occupational health and well-being challenges that effect the safety and welfare of the employees, the reputation and standing of the business and the relative threats.
- Ensure the business reflects in all its undertakings a strategy and implementation plan for sustainability alongside its core health and safety objectives.
- Be able to demonstrate improvements in behaviours at all levels of the business and all working relationships as a result of developing and implementing improved business sustainability and ethical practices.
- Understand the scope for ethical business practices on the part of the health and safety professional and the scope for developing engagement and commitment to ethical behaviours and measures.
- Be able to develop research approaches.
- Be able to critically review literature relevant to a Health and Safety topic.
- Be able to design research methodologies.
- Be able to plan and prepare a research project.
These are the overall learning outcomes in line with postgraduate programmes.
What is Level 7 qualification Equivalent to?
This fast track Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management qualifications at RQF Level 7 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to:
- Master’s Degrees,
- Integrated Master’s Degrees,
- Postgraduate Diplomas,
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and
- Postgraduate Certificates
How is Assessment done?
- Assessment is done via submission of Assignments
- There are no written exams
Is the qualification Accredited?
Yes, the fast track Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management – Level 7 is accredited. The qualification is awarded by Othm, UK – an Awarding body by the UK Government’s regulator – OfQual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). All of the qualifications are listed on the OfQual register.
Can the course fee be paid in instalments?
Yes, the course fee for Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (Fast Track) can be paid in Instalment in equivalent local currency.
Please click on “Enrol Now” button on the top and choose some of the best payment options available for you.