Diploma in Health and Social Care – Level 5
About this course
Diploma in Health and Social Care – Level 5
The Diploma in Health and Social Care – Level 5 Qualification (Accredited by Qualifi, UK) aims to provide the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in health and social care by seeking a greater knowledge and understanding industry, and to support the individual’s development into senior positions.
This Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification will help to prepare professional staff and managers of the future in the health and social care sector. Furthermore, we look to develop the team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for industry
Undergraduate Level Course: Equivalent to Year 2 of a 3 Year undergraduate University Degree course
This course help you to progress to:
Program Overview: Diploma in Health and Social care - Level 5
Key Highlights of Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social care qualification are:
Learners completing the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care can progress to:
- The Final year of an Undergraduate Degree in Health and Social Care, or
- Level 6 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Directly into employment in an associated profession.
Primary areas of employment include:
- Social Care Worker
- Personal Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- Community Development
- Health administration
- Charity Officer
As our Qualifi accredited qualifications are approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are also eligible to progress to a Top-Up Degree, Master’s programme, or MBA at many universities in UK and Overseas with advanced standing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Entry Requirement?
Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
This Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Accredited by Qualifi) qualifications has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Learners will be expected to hold the following:
- Learners who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3 and/or Level 4, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards;
- Work experience at a managerial level and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- A first degree in another discipline and want to develop their careers in health and social care or business.
In certain circumstances, learners with considerable experience but No formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
The qualification is offered in English.
English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page.
What are the Course Modules?
The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification consists of 5 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits:
- Principles Underpinning Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- The Management of Quality in Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- Research Project(40 Credits)
- Partnership working in Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- Working with Service users with Complex Needs (20 Credits)
Workshops and Webinars
There would be Live Webinars which would be spread across the duration of the course.
If for any reason you are not able to attend the live sessions, you will have the option to go through the Recordings at a later date as per your convenience.
What are the Learning Outcomes?
Learning Outcomes – Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Learners studying for the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- The ability to read & use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding.
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems.
- Recognise the moral and ethical issues of health and social care practice.
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject & engage in debate.
What is Level 5 qualification Equivalent to?
This qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to
- Foundation Degrees,
- Higher National Diploma (HND) and
- Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
How is Assessment done?
- Assessment is done via submission of Assignments
- There are no written exams
Is this qualification Accredited?
The qualification is delivered by London School of International Business (LSIB) and it is awarded by Qualifi, UK – an Awarding body by the UK Government’s regulator – OfQual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). All of the qualifications are listed on the OfQual register.
Can the course fee be paid in Instalments?
Yes, the course fee for Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care can be paid in Instalments.
Please click on “Enrol Now” button on the top and choose some of the best payment options available for you.