Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
About this course
Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Welcome to the London School of Business and Research’s online course, the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care, an Ofqual accredited qualification proudly awarded by Qualifi, UK. If you’re looking to advance your career in the dynamic field of healthcare and social care, this course is your key to unlocking a world of opportunities.
Why Choose the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care?
This comprehensive program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to excel in the ever-evolving healthcare and social care sector. Whether you are a seasoned professional seeking career advancement or a newcomer aspiring to make a difference in people’s lives, this diploma offers a robust curriculum tailored to your needs.
Key Benefits and Features
- Flexible Online Learning: With our user-friendly online platform, you can access course materials and lectures at your convenience, making it easier to balance your studies with your busy life.
- Ofqual Accreditation: Rest assured that you’re pursuing a reputable qualification, recognized by Ofqual, the regulator of qualifications, examinations, and assessments in England.
- Expert Faculty: Learn from experienced industry experts who bring real-world insights into the virtual classroom through our regular webinars.
- Career Advancement: Gain the competitive edge you need to climb the career ladder or enter the field with confidence.
Whether you’re seeking career advancement or aiming to make a meaningful impact in the healthcare and social care sector, this course is your gateway to success.
Undergraduate Level Course: Equivalent to Year 2 of a 3 Year undergraduate University Degree course
This course help you to progress to:
This qualification is Accredited by OfQual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), which is a UK Government body.
Program Overview: Diploma in Health and Social care - Level 5
Key Highlights of Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social care qualification are:
Can I register as a Registered Manager with Care Quality Commission, UK (CQC) if I have completed an Ofqual accredited Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification
Yes, you can register as a Registered Manager with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) if you have completed an Ofqual accredited Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification. This qualification is one of the essential requirements for becoming a registered manager in England.
In addition to the Level 5 Diploma, you must also have at least two years of relevant experience working in a care setting. This experience should demonstrate your ability to manage and lead a team, provide high-quality care, and ensure compliance with CQC regulations.
In addition to the essential qualifications, you must also meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge of Legislation: You must have a good understanding of the relevant legislation and guidance that applies to care services in England. This includes the Health and Social Care Act 2008, the Care Quality Commission (Registration Requirements) Regulations 2009, and the Care Quality Commission (Inspection and Enforcement of Standards) Regulations 2009.
- Ability to Manage Risk: You must be able to identify, assess, and manage risks effectively. This includes risks to people receiving care, risks to staff, and risks to the organization.
- Ability to Lead and Motivate: You must be able to provide strong leadership and motivation to your team. This includes setting clear goals and expectations, providing regular feedback, and resolving conflicts.
- Ability to Communicate Effectively: You must be able to communicate effectively with people receiving care, their families, staff, and other stakeholders. This includes being able to listen actively, provide clear information, and handle difficult conversations.
If you meet all of the qualifications and requirements, you can apply to become a registered manager with the CQC. The CQC will assess your application to determine whether you are eligible for registration. If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Learners completing the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care can progress to:
- The Final year of an Undergraduate Degree in Health and Social Care, or
- Level 6 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Directly into employment in an associated profession.
Primary areas of employment include:
- Registered Manager of Care Home
- Social Care Worker
- Personal Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- Community Development
- Health administration
- Charity Officer
As our Qualifi accredited qualifications are approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are also eligible to progress to a Top-Up Degree, Master’s programme, or MBA at many universities in UK and Overseas with advanced standing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Entry Requirement?
For entry onto the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF / QCF / RQF Level 4 diploma or
- An equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with Admission Counsellors at LSBR regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
The qualification is offered in English.
What are the Course Modules?
The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification consists of 5 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits:
- Principles Underpinning Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- The Management of Quality in Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- Research Project(40 Credits)
- Partnership working in Health and Social Care (20 Credits)
- Working with Service users with Complex Needs (20 Credits)
Workshops and Webinars
There would be Live Webinars which would be spread across the duration of the course.
If for any reason you are not able to attend the live sessions, you will have the option to go through the Recordings at a later date as per your convenience.
What are the Learning Outcomes?
Learning Outcomes – Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Learners studying for the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- The ability to read & use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding.
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems.
- Recognise the moral and ethical issues of health and social care practice.
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject & engage in debate.
What is Level 5 qualification Equivalent to?
This qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to
- Foundation Degrees,
- Higher National Diploma (HND) and
- Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
How is Assessment done?
- Assessment is done via submission of Assignments
- There are no written exams
Is this qualification Accredited?
The qualification is delivered by London School of International Business (LSIB) and it is awarded by Qualifi, UK – an Awarding body by the UK Government’s regulator – OfQual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). All of the qualifications are listed on the OfQual register.
Can the course fee be paid in Instalments?
Yes, the course fee for Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care can be paid in Instalments.
Please click on “Enrol Now” button on the top and choose some of the best payment options available for you.